Vegan puff pastry tart with cream of carrot greens
Have you ever asked yourself if there is an alternative to just throwing away the luscious and healthy greens of your organic carrots? Well, this recipe for a delicious and easy to prepare flan might just surprise you.
There are good reasons why our four-pawed pets friends love carrot greens. They contain a lot of valuable vitamins and calcium, and taste great. But make sure they are organic.
For the cream layer of our puff pastry flan chop the greens and onion a little, thek put them into a blender, add all the other ingredients, and mix them to a smooth cream. Be sure to use a high-powered blender. It's not so bad if your blender is a little smaller. Pre-cut the carrot greens a bit and any stand mixer or hand blender will handle it.
Not only is it a wonderful use of leftovers, but the puff pastry tart is quick to prepare! Now, just roll out the puff pastry, spread the cream onto it, cover with the apple, pear, and carrot slices, bake for 20 minutes, add the toppings, and, tada, our flan is ready to be enjoyed.
- 1 roll vegan puff pastry
- 2 organic carrots with green
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 40 g carrot greens
- 180 g vegetable yogurt Alternative without sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp yeast flakes
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 handful chopped almonds
- 1 spring onion
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 356°F
- Roll out puff pastry on a baking sheet.
- For the cream, peel the garlic and onion, chop them and the carrot greens a little, put them into a mixer and add all the other ingredients. Mix everything to a smooth consistency.
- Spread the cream evenly on the puff pastry.
- Peel the carrots and slice them lengthwise with a peeler. Core and slice the apple and pear. Put on top of the cream layer.
- Bake for circa 20 minutes, until the edge has become golden brown. In the meantime, coarsly chop the almonds and the spring onion.
- In the meantime, coarsly chop the almonds and the spring onion
- Sprinkle the warm flan with the almonds and the spring onion before serving. Enjoy!
- As an alternative to a blender, you can also use a hand blender for the cream.