Vegan oven pumpkin bowl with kale salad
In addition to the ongoing pumpkin season, kale season will soon begin - from late October to mid-February. My anticipation is huge! It got even bigger when this purple kale variety smiled at me at our greengrocer. Curious as I am, I have struck directly. Combined with baked squash, a caramelized pan of chickpeas, pears and walnuts, and a delicious dressing, 1+1=2. Tada! A full, colorful oven squash bowl with kale salad.
Kale is healthiest when you eat the power vegetable raw. Thus, it provides our body with even more nutrients and vitamins. If you're not into that and like the kale a little softer, you can blanch it in hot water for a few minutes. This also retains many nutrients and keeps the kale firm to the bite.
For the topping, I experimented around with a sweet and savory combination. For this, cooked chickpeas, chopped walnuts, pear cubes and garlic slices came in a pan. Not only protein-rich, but also for the healthy fats is thus provided. I rounded off the whole thing with a dash of maple syrup. This gives the briefly caramelized ingredients a particularly delicious flavor.
The topping of pomegranate seeds not only serves the saying "the eye eats with". These round out the bowl perfectly with a tart sweet note. Additionally, we harvested our homegrown thyme and used it as a topping. Feel free to try a bite of the oven squash with just a stalk of the fresh herb. Simple, but an absolute treat for the palate.
- 600 g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 150 g kale
- 2 pears
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 150 g cooked chickpeas
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 100 g soy yogurt alternative without sugar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 0.3 tsp salt
- 0.3 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 stalks thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180°C convection.
- For the bowl, cut the pumpkin into slices about 1 cm thick and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Then bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and soft inside.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing: To do this, put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Now wash the kale and pluck it into bite-sized pieces with your fingers. Then add to the dressing in the bowl and massage with your hands or mix with cutlery.
- Next, core the pears and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Heat some water or oil in a pan and sauté the pears, walnuts and chickpeas together with the salt and pepper, turning occasionally, until the pears are slightly cooked through and the walnuts and chickpeas are lightly toasted.
- After about 5 minutes, deglaze the whole thing with the maple syrup and let it caramelize briefly. Then remove from the heat.
- To serve, arrange the kale salad with the oven squash, pear pan and topping.