You can make vegan mince yourself quickly and easily. It is in no way inferior to the original in terms of taste and appearance. Why not do what we do and serve your family or friends a completely meat-free pork-hedgehog? This disappeared into the bellies of our guests in no time and with benevolent comments.
The basis for this recipe is rice cakes. You can get them cheap in almost every supermarket. If you are now wondering how you can now conjure up mince from the rather tasteless waffles: Quite simply in a few steps and with a little patience. The meaty consistency is achieved by brief soaking. The meaty colour is brought to the mixture by tomato paste in combination with paprika powder.
The spices as well as Liquid Smoke develop their flavours best over night and then bring the typical mead taste with them. Bon appétit!
- 100 g rice cakes
- 300 ml water
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- Crumble the rice cakes into a bowl.
- Pour the water over the rice cakes and let them stand for about 5 minutes. infuse.
- In the meantime, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Then add the onion pieces as well as the other ingredients to the bowl with the rice cakes and mix well.
- It is best to crush the mass with your hands.
- Now let the mince alternative stand for at least 1 hour (preferably overnight) or serve directly.
Tip: The finer you crush the rice cakes in step 1 and crush them in step 4, the finer the consistency of the vegan mince alternative will be in the end.