Vegan folded bread with tomato cream filling
This recipe is especially exciting for origami fans - all kidding aside. The next party is coming up and you are still looking for a suitable snack or you don't know what to serve as a side dish to delicious appetizers and soups? Our vegan folded bread always succeeds and is wonderful for these purposes! It's quick to prepare and after a little walking time can be spread directly with a delicious tomato cream and baked ready.
The folded bread is particularly fluffy inside and slightly crispy outside. The combination with the tomato cream is so delicious that you immediately want to break off a second piece. When preparing the dough, make sure that you use warm water (approx. 36° C). This allows the yeast to work excellently and loosen the dough during the rising time. For an even better result, you can also dissolve the yeast in warm water beforehand. However, the water must not be too hot, otherwise the yeast will die. Optionally, you can also use fresh yeast. Here, half a cube is equivalent to about one package of dry yeast.
To remove the bread from the pan after folding and baking, grease the pan well and sprinkle it with a little flour or breadcrumbs. After 25 min. bake the folded bread tastes best fresh and still warm from the oven. You can also try our dips and spreads.
- 500 g flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- 0.5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 ml warm water
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary
- 100 g vegan margarine or Butter alternative
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 3 tablespoons yeast flakes
- For the dough, mix the flour with the dry yeast, turmeric powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Then add the water and the oil and mix everything with a hand mixer with dough hook to a dough.
- Then form into a ball, place in the bowl and let rise in a warm place for an hour, covered with a clean kitchen towel.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling: Finely chop the herbs and mix with the other ingredients to make a cream.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C convection.
- Roll out the dough on a smooth floured surface to a square about 5 mm thick. Spread the cream evenly on it up to the edge.
- Depending on the width of your bread pan, cut thick strips of dough. Cut the whole thing again horizontally in the middle.
- Fold each piece in like an accordion. Brush the baking pan with a little olive oil and place the pieces of dough side by side in it.
- Bake the whole thing in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.