Vegan cream cheese balls with cranberries and pistachios
Are you still looking for a fancy appetizer or a special snack for the next buffet? How about these vegan cream cheese balls? An absolute eye-catcher on the table and not even difficult to prepare - even though we are making the cream cheese alternative ourselves today. Yes, read correctly! This will not only save you some additives, but also money. Because the only two ingredients you need to make it are soy drink and apple cider vinegar. Tada! I'll show you how it's done!
It's best to use a soy drink without added sugar for this recipe, because it's supposed to be a hearty creation - wink! Due to their higher protein content, soy and pea drinks are best suited for homemade cream cheese alternatives. Boil it once in a pot and then gradually add the apple cider vinegar. Lemon juice can be used instead. You will notice that the consistency thickens and the mass "separates". Now you can remove the pot from the stove and let the whole thing cool down a bit.
On a bowl is now placed a sieve, which is lined with a clean kitchen towel. The soy drink mixture now goes into it, so that the solid part remains in the cloth and the remaining liquid runs into the bowl. It's best to press the whole thing out lightly, but again, not too hard, so that the vegan cream cheese alternative still remains nice and creamy. I like to put the cream from the cloth into a blender afterwards to mix it nice and even and creamy. For this recipe, I'm already adding salt and pepper here now so that the spices are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
So, now it's finally time for the sheathing - yay! Here you can get really creative and try out new creations and combinations every time. Feel free to try your way through various herbs, spices, nuts, seeds, seeds and dried fruits. For today's creation, I opted for a mix of spring onion, cranberries, pistachios, parsley and rosemary. It's best to chop everything nice and small so that the ingredients stick well to the vegan cream cheese balls later.
For the balls, you can wet your hands a little and form small to larger balls from the mixture. Then roll them through the mixed ingredients of the coating and gently press them a little. Voila! Until serving, I would put the vegan cream cheese balls in the fridge one more time to firm them up a bit. For snacking, wonderful crunchy crackers, vegetable sticks or even on bread tastes wonderful creamy spread.
- 1 l soy drink without sugar
- 50 ml apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 30 g cranberries
- 30 g pistachios
- 0.5 bunch parsley
- 1 stalk rosemary
- 20 g sesame
- For the cream cheese alternative, place the soy drink without sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Add the apple cider vinegar or lemon juice a little at a time, stirring. In the process, the soy drink should separate.
- Allow the whole to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the coating, finely chop the spring onion, cranberries, pistachios and herbs. Then mix everything with the sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Place a sieve with a clean kitchen or multi cloth over a bowl and pour in the soy drink mixture. Drain the whole and squeeze lightly.
- Then put the mixture from the cloth into a blender or chopper with the salt and pepper and blend until creamy.
- Form a heaping tablespoon of each mixture into a ball with moistened hands. Then turn in the coating, put on the plate and put the whole in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.